Jerome's incomprehensible but improving...
Tuesday, April 22, 2003
Incredible backlog. I haven't typed in all the stuff from vacation yet.
TRUTH ABOUT CHARLIE IS GOOD.
Does Bill Gates watch Seattle Supersonics games?
- How many people in 1 cohort?
- How come 2 men saying "I love you" is ok here -- prob. because it's a classic and it's in the 60's? Coz modern movies are more commercialized so it's easier to make fun of the plot,
- My dad's good Scrabble play. (Didn't know he played before but not surprising because he answers the crossword everyday.)
Mark: Di lang pang sports pang-pamilya pa!
Scrabble quip: Binalasa niyo ba to?
[TOWRITE] -- WHY DO I THINK/WRITE IN ENGLISH -- (Insecurity about disassociation of intellectual vs. plain self)
Aardvark vs. Aardwolf
- Mark: Mr Aardwolf spreads rumor that Aardvark is single "a" thus making him the new Lexicographically-First-Ranked Animal
Went to Batulau(?) a Salesian retreat place. What is Don Bosco's first name?
Watched HERO (Jet Li)
- Spoof Jet Li headband: fork-plate-spoon
- Stupid Emperor has green curtains all over palace
- The guy realizes through calligraphy the whole thing's too complex and the Qi emperor should standardize it "All Under Heaven"
What does Maundy mean?
How do cars get into small displays? -- answered by Sacha: they use the freight elevator!
Though I had a discussion w/ officemate Romel on politics and seriously it's kind of sobering to think about what a mess our country is in and I'm here writing about witty but mostly inane ideas.
Monday, April 21, 2003
More Holy Week backlog:
Reading "Libre" I read they've come up with Pinoy Pandesal which costs P1 when the usual price is P1.50. Says SMC's producing the stuff, but couldn't find the breakthrough ingredient anywhere. Well I guess it's a trade secret but...Soylent Green?
Too bad can't blog during the long break. I and Mark had lots of fun coming up with inane ideas.
how come their alphabet is so incompatible with it?
Ancient Chinese guy #1: Now let's invent the Chinese alphabet. We should write it this way --
Ancient Chinese guy #2: Hmm that seems difficult. How about if we get into printing?
Ancient Chinese guy #1: Well since we haven't invented printing yet that's not our problem. Let our distant descendants worry about it.
Ancient Chinese guy #2: Then we'll get blamed.
Ancient Chinese guy #1: You know that ancestor worship thing comes in handy...
Hmm does it sound racist? Well it's really absurd anyway to be true.